Sunday, October 18, 2009

I remember

I remember when you came home, you were the size of my palm…….

I remember we walked to school together, you laid down on the grass, refusing to walk. Sometimes, you got startled by the wind or the sound of the leaves falling to the ground……

I remember you zoomed around in the playground and rubbed your face in the dirt, the dirtier it was, the happier you felt…

I remember you cuddled on my lap while I watched TV, played computer games……then suddenly, something smelled so bad, you had just past gas…….

I remember I liked to pet and kiss you, and I had this strange feeling…..the kind of love I’d never felt in my life….

I remember your happy face with ears swinging….and your jealous face when you could not win my attention over your little brother…

I remember you had to visit the vet often………you grew old so soon……

I remember during the darkest days of my life, you and your little brother were my support…..

I remember you slept like a pretzel; the sofa and the corner near the front door were your favourite spots……

I remember you were very ill, I didn’t know what to do……and I had to make the difficult decision……

I remember on your last day, I said thank you to you and wrapped you in a blanket….I walked to the vet carrying you, the moon was bright, big and round, it was mid autumn festival…..

I remember the vet gave you the shot, you were gone in a second. The next day, I pushed the button of the incinerator, then I brought your ash home……

So Poppy, you are gone for 3 years now. In case I get Alzheimer disease, this will help me to remember…….

No comments: